'Spatial drawing / installation’ is engaged with drawing practice through the examination of the relationship between architectural spaces and the lines in those spaces. The work has been a continuous exploration and is an inquiry about “drawing as a spatial exploration poised somewhere between installation and abstract line drawing”. It revolved around the question of what happens when the line leaves the paper and enters the space. This inquiry is focused around following points –
- Elements in the space to become active participant in the work.
- Understanding the lines of the space, the geometry it creates, the illusion of angles and perspectives.
- Lines in the space to become the part of the work.
- Breaking the monotony of the straight lines – of the space – with in the space.
- A line is a point taken for a walk.
- The process is the intervention within the space, without occupying the particular space. Already existing structures, elements, grooves and shadows would be the base to draw along / upon.